Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Human Race

 I am a vampire. Did you know that? I bet you hadn't guessed. There's nothing to give me away. No pearly white skin, no sharp teeth. I don't even sparkle. Isn't it funny, how I said 'pearly'? Aren't pearls meant to be beautiful? Why use a beautiful thing to describe something as horrid as a vampire? How about 'deathly white'? But no. I said pearly white. Because I don't want to be described as deathly white. I didn't ask to be a vampire. Why, just because I am one, am I kicked onto the other side of the fence? The side you're all looking in on with hatred, discriminating  upon like YOU were given Planet Earth (not the other way around) and we're here illegally? Why am I suddenly feared so much I'm pushed into frightening stories and legends? Why am I the one who jerks a small child awake with a piercing scream, because I haunted her dreams without even knowing she existed?
I didn't ask to be a vampire. Trust me, I never wanted to be one. So why do you think it's your right to push me away and inflict me with so much hatred that I hate myself even more? And if I had wanted to be one - would that give you the right?
Why should I even care? We're different species. Why do I feel the need to be accepted by you?
Because your species is consuming the whole world, and everyone in it. For some reason, you do think that the earth is yours, and that you have a right to do what you please with it, without anyone else's consent. "Anyone else" being every other thing on this planet. In fact, you kill us, destroy us, make us extinct.
If you're reading this, you're not dead. That means I haven't sucked your blood and killed you. Because I don't do it unless I actually need to.
So why can't you do the same? Because you think I'm lesser than you? You hate me, you think I'm an animal.
News flash, you're one too. We share this earth. So get over yourself, and do some good for it, or one day we're going to kick you onto the other side of the fence. Except we won't have to, because you'll already have locked yourself over there by destroying our world. But the gate isn't locked yet. You can still prevent this.
It's not a matter of whether you can or can't. It's whether you will or won't.
I suggest you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment